#

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Salvazan

#

Post by Salvazan »

error #401
Last edited by Salvazan on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

I have many file downloads there too!

People don't even reply when something is wrong! Try doing that :oops:

Get used to it. The best you can hope for is a vote. My Q-Basics program has over 700 downloads and 3 votes............

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Ralph
Veteran

Post by Ralph »

Many of us who visit here like an interesting challenge. Your problem is to know what is interesting to us, and what is a challenge to us. Both interesting and a challenge must exist at the same time for me to look at something. Often, a simple appeal, such as the following will bring more than one reply:

?My program doesn't run; can someone help me? My problem occurs in the line,
PRINT ANSWER$
Instead of the answer that I expect, I get a blank line. Help!
This is my code:

Code: Select all

Your code goes here
[\code]

Another thin: If you supply only the .exe files, many folk will not touch them...you must provide the .bas file as a text file.
Ralph, with QuickBASIC 4.5, operating under Windows XP, wiht anHP LaserJet 4L Printer. Bilingual in English/Spanish
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

your outaluck unless the game is exceptionally good or really bad
if its an average good game you wont get many replies...

so in some ways not hearing anything means your program probably
worked fine.

another thing is to make sure you have a read_me file with it with contact information attached to it or even a website to go to.

many over look making any kind of text comment rules files for thier games...
burger2227
Veteran

EXE

Post by burger2227 »

EXE files are useless to people learning QB! Your file is an EXE! What is so secret? First off, an EXE files can be viruses or delete all of the files from a hard drive. Second, if the person does not want to play it, you get no feedback at all. I'm suprised you got one reply!

And I doubt you'll ever get a dollar for supplying the code anyhow.

Ted

PS: Are you gonna reply? Or are you just like the people who downloaded your file?
Ralph
Veteran

For Ted

Post by Ralph »

Ted, did you read my post, just two posts befor yours?
Ralph, with QuickBASIC 4.5, operating under Windows XP, wiht anHP LaserJet 4L Printer. Bilingual in English/Spanish
iamdenteddisk
Veteran

did anyone read the subject of this Q

Post by iamdenteddisk »

I remember in the old days this #poundsign from a commodore64 on a p.c board would fry it they would have to reboot the server to get the board back and in some cases where this had happened repetedly it would wreck the Harddrive of the server not getting to park before reboot.. maybe I am mistaken but I didnt ever see any basic source come back just the exe I aint gonna try to run it.......