How to send PCL code to HP printers

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

carl distenfeld

How to send PCL code to HP printers

Post by carl distenfeld »

Searching the QB forums, I found what might have been year 2002 solutions on responder's websites are no longer alive. I hope someone might know of a solution. I can easily print to my HP laser via my QB45 program, but need to format the output.
carl
moneo
Veteran

Re: How to send PCL code to HP printers

Post by moneo »

carl distenfeld wrote:Searching the QB forums, I found what might have been year 2002 solutions on responder's websites are no longer alive. I hope someone might know of a solution. I can easily print to my HP laser via my QB45 program, but need to format the output.
What exactly do you mean by "format the oiutput"?
Do you perhaps mean commands for setting:
Portrait or Landscape
Lines per inch
Pitch
Left or right margin

Regards..... Moneo
carl distenfeld

PCL code to HP printers

Post by carl distenfeld »

Yes, along with italics, print size, width, etc. I have a HP laser 2430, and my operating system is XP professional. The print driver is HP 2430PCL, and I am using the parallel port. My application requires many daily copies, which differ depending on data input; so switching to notebook is not an option. A new hardware upgrade required WIN XP; so switching back to WIM 95 and a DOS printer is also not an option. The output reads correctly but looks like 1980s work.
carl