Retro gamer

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

RobLyon

Retro gamer

Post by RobLyon »

I found this forum while looking for an old game I used to play on my amstrad PC. The game was very similar to Dark woodz and Lost.

We had a copy on a 5 1/4" floppy that had other games on. I think it was called "Z" and you played the face symbol. The aim of the game was to collect coloured keys to gain access to a castle. I can only remember two of the levels. One was a maze that you had to use a torch to get to the end/key. The other was a zig zag shape kind of like a "W" with a puzzle at the end. There were ">" all along the left hand edge of the screen that fired "o" that you had to avoid by using movable blocks.

Im hoping someone else may have a copy of the game or know any more information about it?

What are my chance's of finding it? Is it likely that it was home brew software?

Thanks in Advance,

Rob
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That sounds like ZZT to me. http://zzt.belsambar.net/ currently has it on there to download. You can find games that people have made with it as well. There is still a bit of a community around it.