The QB Zines Section is Now Available

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Thanks for the QBDF issues! I'll post 'em tomorrow. Wow, I didn't even know QBDF had more than the first 2 issues.

As for QB.Source 1, I'm not sure what you mean:
Barok wrote:Btw, i think Qb.Scene 1 is in the articles folder. it's called index. That i believe is qb.scene 1, since it seems to have a similiar format.
I searched through the QB Times folder of your archive, and didn't find anything that I would consider the first issue. The only file that comes close is: qbtimes/times6/times6.html, which looks like a Work-in-progress of QB.Source issue 2. I didn't find any folder called "articles". Could you clariify this for me?

Thanks!
barok
Coder

Post by barok »

hmm.... i'll upload a zip folder of my qbtimes magazine with a big .txt doc saying IN HERE FILE INDEX.

(geeze, quickhost can be so slow sometimes...)

... seems quickhost isn't working. i'll upload it tomorrow... i really need to get to bed. :wink:
I have no sig.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I have added QBDF #3 & #4.

Also, I have made headway on VSNews.

I found out about the following issues:
# VS Newsletter 1 (Jul 13th, 1998)
# VS Newsletter 2(?) (Nov 1st 1998)
# VSNews 3 (Nov 8th 1998)
# VSNews 4 (Dec 13th 1998)
# VSNews 5(?) (Jan 18th, 1999)

I'm not sure if this is a complete listing or not.

Before, I sent an email to one of Danny Gump's old email addresses and have not gotten a reply. I assume it's probably one that he doesn't check anymore.

However, I just found a newer email address, which I will email in a moment. I also found his AIM screen name. Good news: he is online RIGHT NOW, but away with Mobile Forwarding turned on. I'm going to email his new address first, and if he actually comes back or puts a normal away message up, I'll instant message him. (Don't wanna be messaging his cell phone with out-of-the-blue questions about some newsletter he made 6 years ago, heheh.)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hey Barok -- did you make any headway on QB.Scene #1?
barok
Coder

Post by barok »

i'll try getting it on qb.tk again.

screw it, it's not working. i'll just upload it again as a project. I think it's qb times. maybe not. it doesn't say it is, but it seems to be it.

whoops... i guess it's not. the end has a farewell message... definately not qb.scene 1. sorry for getting your hopes up.... maybe if i read it a bit more i wouldn't feel stupid.
I have no sig.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

No problem. Chances are QB.Scene 1 has been lost, since it wasn't included in the QB Times archive you got from...whoever you got it from....(Nightwolf or Jorden Chamid, I presume.)

When I get back, I'll send an email or two.

Thanks anyway!
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I finally got in contact with Danny Gump, and he so graciously gave me all the issues of VSNews!

There were five full issues, then one WIP issue that was never released. It's a very interesting read.

You can find the issues right here:
http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/zin ... tml#vsnews
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Today, 19day sent me the one and only issue of Razor Diskmag.

I have posted the original diskmag version, and then I converted it to an HTML version so that it's easier to view in your browser. You can view it in the Zines section.

Now, all of the top-priority QB magazines have been found except for QB Voice by Martin Rampersad and Terry Cavanagh's QB Gamer magazine. The rest of the ones on the list are ones that I don't actually know anything about, and probably weren't significant publications.

Anyway, enjoy Razor Diskmag!
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I was recently sent an archive of the old QB Informer articles. This wasn't exactly a magazine, but more of a period QB humor article series. It was run by Gopus, as well as a few others, and some of the articles are pretty humorous.

Anyhow, once I sort through the collection and index all the articles, I will post them in the Zines section. (But that won't be for a few days, since I'm currently running a program to recover a crashed hard drive...and while that's running, I can barely even use this web browser.)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

QB Informer is now up in the Zines section. Check it out!
http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/zin ... html#qbinq

Also: I got an email from Martin Rampersad regarding QB Voice. He unfortunately no longer has copies of the magazine. Chances are getting ever-slimmer that I'll ever find copies of this elusive magazine.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Edmond Leung just sent me QB On Acid Issues #9 and #10. So now the only issue of QBOA still missing is #5.

I'll post these over the weekend.