QB Express Issue #8 Now Available

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express Issue #8 Now Available

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>QB Express Issue #8 Now Available</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on March 17, 2005<br>
The <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... tml">March issue</a> of QB Express is now up!
<br>
<br>This issue is the largest ever, with a total of TWENTY-SIX separate articles, tutorials and columns. It also boasts the biggest News Briefs section to date.
<br>
<br>Tutorials this month include: "I.F. Games Chapter 3" by Na_th_an; "OpenGL Tutorials for FreeBasic (Parts 1 - 4)" by RelSoft; "FreeBasic Mouse Tutorial " by St?phane Richard; "Music Composition, Part 2" by Matt2Jones; "Downloaded FreeBasic, Double-clicked fbc.exe and Nothing Happened!" by Antoni Gual; "Creating Custom Controls in VisualBASIC for DOS" by St?phane Richard; "FreeBASIC Allegro Tutorial" by Gustav; "Animation Series Part 2: Motive Power of Animation" by Rattrapmax6; "Useless Useful Information: Parsers" by Nathan1993; and "File Manipulation In QBasic #3: Binary Files" by St?phane Richard.
<br>
<br>As far as articles go, we've got a review of "Robot Robbery" by Lachie Dazdarian; an article called "What QBasic Means To Me" by Michael J. Wyldman; "Writing A Game" by Jonathan Wallace; a review of Diroga's "Block Game" by Rattrapmax6; "Dialogue and Character Creation" by Levi; "Snakes!!!" by Rattrapmax6; and "ASCII Ain't Goin' Anywhere and It Will Live Forever" by Lurah. That's not to mention the regular columns, which include a Horse Comic by Rattrapmax6, a Gallery article about MarzecTM's "Simple Shot", a competition, and a whole lot more.
<br>
<br>Come and get it while it's hot: <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... x.html">QB Express Issue #8</a></p>
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Ok, this "killer size" issue is really goin to kill my printer :lol:
vohaul
Coder

Post by vohaul »

I like the part about me offering hosting ;)

And while I didn't mention it, you got it right - it's not just QB, it's FB, it's C, it's AGS-made games, I don't care. I'm giving something back to the gaming creation community and it's damn time!

:D
I am what you'd call a nice bastard.
jj

Post by jj »

There are problems in k-melen(and therefore likely firefox and mozilla) with the code boxes not showing up. :(
figjam88au

Post by figjam88au »

what happened to the next issue? did i miss something?
Kyle
Veteran

Post by Kyle »

It's not ready yet. Give Pete some time.