Minesweeper Duo (source & executable)

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

MikeHawk
Veteran

Minesweeper Duo (source & executable)

Post by MikeHawk »

It's a remake of Microsoft Live Messenger's Minesweeper Flags (hotseat or against the computer) with the classic single-player mode on top. It features a bunch of cool stuff like SoundBlaster sound effects, expanded memory (EMS,) mode-Y, support for mouse, joystick and keyboard, customizable profiles, highscores, palette swaps, and now that I think about it, I left a day-of-the-week function somewhere in there (unused but it works.) The thing is available on my webpage (https://qbmikehawk.neocities.org/games/msduo/index.html .) I forced myself to release this thing before the end of the month, so it's not extensively tested. But it seems to work.
ImageImageImage
Last edited by MikeHawk on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Site Admin

Re: Minesweeper Duo (source & executable)

Post by Pete »

Great work! Glad you're still keeping the QBasic dream alive. :)
MikeHawk
Veteran

Post by MikeHawk »

Thanks; I hope I'll be able to release at least two more games before the end of the year.
johnlemon647

Post by johnlemon647 »

Minesweeper for Dos made with QuickBasic is cool.
Erik
Veteran

Post by Erik »

Nice release! Took me a minute to figure out the mouse controls no longer worked in game and I had to use the keyboard and "enter" to check for bombs.