Two days of non-stop work later....

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Two days of non-stop work later....

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>Two days of non-stop work later....</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on June 17, 2004 <font size="-1">(4:42PM EST)</font><br>
....and it's still far from being done. I've done a LOT of updating, and the site is really starting to feel "whole." Basically everything that doesn't require a lot of scripting and finnicky CGI / PHP stuff is done, (though there's still a bit more). I'm not going to go into detail, but I've completely redone a lot of sections, such as the Tutorials section (which is now quite impressive). I have also made a ton of new sections, and wrote a big long report on the History of this site. <a href="/sections/history/history.shtml">Check it out!</a><br><br>Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the File Reviews, and how the new reviews are going to work. All the old reviews are up right now, in their old format. But I'm looking into reformatting them so that they fit with the site and look all pretty. I'm wondering if I should do that via a CGI database or by hand. I'm leaning toward a CGI database, but that would mean I'd either have to write a script or find a suitable script. Also, I'm planning on making it so anyone can come and submit a new review at any time by filling out a form. I just have to figure out how that's going to work. Looking back on the old reviews format, I don't think I like it so much. It's kind of lame and really doesn't get to the essence of the programs. A lot of times, you can read one of these reviews and have no idea what the program is all about. That's not good.<br><br>Anyway, with each minute of work on the site, the closer it gets to the grand REOPENING. Hopefully I open the site back up in the next week or so. If I keep my mind on the goal, it will definitely happen.<br><br>Cheers!</p>