QB Express & Updates Coming Soon!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express & Updates Coming Soon!

Post by Pete »

Sorry about the lack of updates... I'm still alive and still working on the site, but I haven't done anything really newsworthy as of late.

Most of my time lately has been working on QB Express Issue #2, which will be coming out on Wednesday the 15th. It's a huge issue, with lots of great tutorials and articles.

I have also been working on gathering almost 200 more tutorials which I will soon be adding to the Tutorials section. This is a long process, and I've been breaking up the monotonous work. Eventually all the tutorials will be added.

My spare time has really dropped lately, as I have been given important positions on two of our college's TV shows. Yesterday, we shot from 10AM until 11PM, with a 45-minute dinner break. Today, we shot from 9AM until 4:30. Then I've got a meeting for my Advanced Studio Production class at 8 tonight... and seven hours of class tomorrow, starting at 8AM. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my only real days off, so expect most of the work on this site to be done then (if I don't have too much work for my other classes).

Don't worry, I haven't abandoned this site again! (...yet...)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Heh, Can't wait to get my hands on QB Exp#2
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Still one day... until the 15th... ;)

:D

Btw, I'm already done writing for about 5 issues of the QB Express... ;)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Heh, When tomorrow will the mag be uploaded.

Lol...

*Barricades self infront of computer waiting for mag to appear*
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

When tomorrow?

That depends on a few things.

Right now, I'm still waiting on two articles: a tutorial on scripting by Chaoticmass (which may be the beginning of a series), and a review of KENATURI's Detective Academy by Oz...which I have a preliminary copy of, but which is currently unfinished.

Secondly, I've still got to insert and format RelSoft's 3D tutorial. That shouldn't take too long, but it's something to do nonetheless.

I also have several articles and sections of my own that I've got to finish up...since I've written more than a third of the magazine this time around. (Hopefully I can find more people to write articles next time...I've had a lot of tutorials written, but very few articles.)

I would love to release it at midnight tonight, and I probably will be able to if I get the last few submissions on time. If not, the magazine may have to wait as late as tomorrow evening.

Whenever it comes out, it's a really good issue, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

If it's only twice as good as the first one then It'll be awesome...
;)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

*still barricaded*

"Soo tired... must not... sleep... must wait... for mag...."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I'll check again tomorrow :) I don't fancy sitting here the whole day... ;)

Post by Guest »

Hmn, how's it going atm? I hope there's some progress :)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

"Where be ye, QB Express, where be ye... The sorrow that fill my hearth whilst thee is missing, bring back the light of joy to me once again"

Post by Guest »

I'm waiting online, any time now...

matt - really eager

ARG!

Post by Guest »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I want my qb express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Hehe, for the next issue, make it an hour precise deadline =P

This is like.. the 100th time I'm checking this forum today (and site)...

Still no QB Express... well, actually, I found it, but didn't read it, it would be no fun...

Waiting for the real release =)
m2j

Post by m2j »

/me goes off to look
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

It is now 15 minutes past midnight (GMT+1), and it's the 16th of september

*cry* :cry:

Where's QB Express issue #2?
{Nathan}
Veteran

I hope...

Post by {Nathan} »

Z!re wrote:It is now 15 minutes past midnight (GMT+1), and it's the 16th of september

*cry* :cry:

Where's QB Express issue #2?
on petes harddrive.... we all hope! :?
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Crying is for wussies.

:P
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

*You have to keep in account the time zone difference between Pete and us...*

He said it was done just before midnight... how lame... :D Us checking this forum from the morning till the evening, and when does it come? Exactly at midnight... lol :lol: Good timing btw 8)