Combining .qlb libraries

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth

Combining .qlb libraries

Post by Seb McClouth »

For my program I need to combine qb.qlb + myqlb.qlb.

How is this done and what consequences does this have for my mybi.bi file, and qb.bi??

grtz
Seb

Re: Combining .qlb libraries

Post by Guest »

for the .BI files there is no problem, just merge them in one .BI or use two lines in your code:

'$INCLUDE: 'mybi.bi'
'$INCLUDE: 'QB.bi'

for combining two libraries try this URL

http://www.network54.com/Forum/search?f ... erm=FAQ011

Post by Guest »

Well you can't combine two QLBs: you must start with the original LIBs.
You combine them, then make a QLB. You will need the combined LIB to be able to compile from the IDE, as it tells the linker to use a LIB with the same name as the QLB.

Combine the libs:
LIB newlib +lib1.lib +lib2.lib;

Then do the qlb:
link /q newlib.lib,newlib,,bqlb45;
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

question here... I get error when doing this for the qb.bi file... call absolute which is important for my program... does that matter??

grtz

Post by Guest »

You should not have problems even with qb.lib...I have a qb2.qlb i made combining qb.lib +ffix.lib without a problem
When you use a combined library you must '$include: the .bi files for both libraries (or make a new combined .bi file)
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

When compiling the qbinux lib/qlb files there's no problem but as soon as I want to combine qbinux.lib and qb.lib the problems start...

I start lib.exe and when it asks for Operatings I give as input qb.lib+qbinux.lib... so far so good... until it start to build the new library:

LIB : warning U4150: absolute : module redefinition ignored
LIB : warning U4150: intrpt : module redefinition ignored
LIB : warning U4150: int86old : module redefinition ignored

is this good or bad...

grtz
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

It's just a warning...it means your libraries are trying to use the same functions twice. The duplicate functions are ignored...you don't have to worry about those messages in particular, they're just there for your information.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

This probaly is because of the fact that qb.bi contains

Code: Select all

'$include: 'qb.bi'
in itself. But indeed it seemed to run fine.

Thx for explaining.

grtz