315 QB Tutorials Now Available!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

315 QB Tutorials Now Available!

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>315 QB Tutorials Now Available!</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on August 13, 2004<br>
That's right! Three-hundred and fifteen tutorials. After spending hours upon hours over the last three weeks collecting and indexing QB tutorials from all over the Internet, I am proud to unveil my <a href="/sections/tutorials/othertuts.shtml">revamped QBasic / QuickBasic tutorials section.</a><br><br>This is by far the largest QB tutorials archive available anywhere. The second largest tutorials archive, at <a href="http://www.qb45.com">QB45.com</a>, has only 80 tutorials available. (They do, however, have some tutorials that I don't have in my archive.)<br><br>Currently, the tutorials are split over three sections: <a href="/sections/tutorials/beginners.shtml">Beginners</a>, <a href="/sections/tutorials/petestuts/petestuts.shtml">Pete's Tutorials</a> (with just four tutorials I wrote in 1998), and the <a href="/sections/tutorials/othertuts.shtml">Main Tutorials Section</a>, which houses over 200 of the tutorials.<br><br>The Tutorials section is far from done, though. If you know of any tutorials that are not available in the archive, please <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/sub ... ml">submit them</a>. Eventually, I plan on searching through all of the <a href="/sections/zines/zines.shtml">QB magazines</a> that are available and adding the tutorials from them. I also plan on making the archive more organized so that it's easir to find what you're looking for. Tell me if you have any suggestions on how to do that. (Once Google indexes this new section, organizing it might end up being irrelevant anyway.) :)<br><br>Anyway, enjoy the new tutorials! I'm sure they'll help someone!</p>
rel

Post by rel »

Holy smoke this is BIG. Great job Pete!!!
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I am currently going through all of the magazines in the Zines section and raping them for tutorials. (Basically, taking all the tutorials out and saving them as individual files.)

I've got well over 100 tutorials, and I'm only half done so far.

Eventually, when I get a free moment (which might not happen for a while), I'll post all the tutorials in the tutorials section. Then I'll pretty much have the most complete collection of QB tutorials ever written.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Nice...

Tut's are good...

Have you managed to create some kind of system for them yet? So they're easier to navigate?
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Not yet. Right now it's just a gigantic list. You can search them with CTRL+F or using Google (once they're indexed)...

Eventually I'll put them into a searchable database, but for now I'm more concerned with just getting them up. Honestly, though, Google Search will work better in the long run than anything I end up creating.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Awesome! The biggest tutorials collection in the world ;)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I Just thought I'd let you guys know that I have now finished extracting all the tutorials from all the QB Zines issues I have. The total came to EXACTLY 300 more tutorials that I will soon be adding to the Tutorials section.

That's a whole lot more than I expected, and it's gonna be great when I finally find the time to write descriptions of all of them and put them up.

Once these tutorials are added, there will be over 600 tutorials available on this site.

That will be an *amazing* resource to all QB programmers.
Digital Shadow
Coder

Post by Digital Shadow »

*drool*... oh.... whooops. Sorry, didn't mean to uh... dribble.....lemme grab a mop for that
mmmmmm......tutorials
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh because there all the same... Soooo, if were all laughing, I fail to see the problem