Anniversary, Tutorials Section, and Other Tidbits

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Anniversary, Tutorials Section, and Other Tidbits

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>Anniversary, Tutorials Section, and Other Tidbits</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on July 22, 2005<br>
First of all, <b>happy anniversary</b> to Pete's QB Site! One year ago today, I officially reopened this site to the public after four and a half years without an update. In the past year, this site has gotten almost <b>50,000</b> visits (just to this main page), and has grown significantly -- with the Zines section created, hundreds of QB tutorials and links added, and most importantly -- the publishing of twelve issues of QB Express! This has been a really great year for Pete's QB Site.<br><br>In other news, tonight I finally got around to re-organizing the <a href="/sections/tutorials/tutorials.shtml">Tutorials</a> section. Previously, the Tutorials were split into three sections -- "Pete's Tutorials" with four of my tuts, "Beginners" with about 100 tuts, and "Tutorials" with 500 tutorials. As you probably guessed, having 500 tutorials listed on a single page was rather difficult to navigate and extremely cumbersome. Now the Tutorials are split into eight subsections, which you'll see listed in the navigation bar to the left.<br><br>I also added a FreeBasic tutorials section, but it currently has nothing in it. That will change shortly, as I plan on going through all twelve issues of QB Express and "harvesting" the tuts to list in the Tutorials section. After this is done, I'm going to update the <a href="/sections/express/express.shtml">QB Express</a> section by adding a small link next to every tutorial so that you'll be able to download an individual copy of each article. That should make it easier for you to follow the tutorials, instead of reading them in a 150 page magazine.<br><br>I plan on creating a <b>FreeBasic Links</b> section soon too, and also sprinkling the keyword "FreeBasic" around the site so that this website will show up in web searches for "FreeBasic". After all, this site is as much about FreeBasic these days as it is about QB. So.... FreeBasic, FreeBasic, FreeBasic. (Hah! Take that Google!)<br><br>And one last thing, I know it might be lame, but: Happy Birthday to me! I turn 20 on Tuesday. So this is my last week as a teenager...basically my last week as a "kid". Man, time flies. I can't believe this site has been going for almost seven years... But with any luck, it will be going for another seven (or seventy) years to come. :)</p>
figjam88au

Post by figjam88au »

this site was listed number 12 when i searched for freeBasic , you will need a few more freebasic's around the site, happy birthdays(site,mag,you)
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Hip, hip, Happy Anniversary to Pete's QB site, which is rapidly becoming my favorite QB site. :D
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

grattis p? ett?rsdagen

(happy one year anniversary)
I have left this dump.

Re: Anniversary, Tutorials Section, and Other Tidbits

Post by guest »

Pete wrote:<p> After this is done, I'm going to I plan on creating a <b>FreeBasic Links</b> section soon too, and also sprinkling the keyword "FreeBasic" around the site so that this website will show up in web searches for "FreeBasic". After all, this site is as much about FreeBasic these days as it is about QB. So.... FreeBasic, FreeBasic, FreeBasic. (Hah! Take that Google!)<br><br>And one last thing, I know it might be lame, but: Happy Birthday to me! I turn 20 on Tuesday. So this is my last week as a teenager...basically my last week as a "kid". Man, time flies. I can't believe this site has been going for almost seven years... But with any luck, it will be going for another seven (or seventy) years to come. :)</p>
BOOOOO freebasic...YEAH qbasic...

happy b-day though!
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Wow...I remember when I was turning 20....like 17 years ago...I was already programming for lik 13 years when I was 20 ( oh all these numbers, if I was a numerology expert (or freak is probably a better word lol) I could make sense of all these damn numbers ;-).

Happy birthday Mr. Berg (eww that sounds so old don't it? lol). Got any grey hair yet? ;-)

hope to see you in seventy years too. that means I'd have lived toll I was 107 years...not bad for a cannuck...LOL.

Take care ;-) and long live QBE !!! ;-) After all I'll need something to read when I'm 107 won't be able to do anything else...LOL
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Happy BD Pete 8)

*drinks one beer to celebrate* :lol:
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I just did a web search for "FreeBasic" on Google, and sure enough, this site shows up in the listing at #10.

But the link that Google decided to spider is unfortunately this post:
"Pete's QBASIC Site :: View topic - Escaped from the FreeBasic country!"
http://www.petesqbsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=679

Heheh, I don't think that's gonna send any FB coders to this site. :)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

guest wrote:BOOOOO freebasic...YEAH qbasic...
You're an idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Nekrophidius wrote:
You're an idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't agree more.

And happy bday, happy cday, and happy dday :-).
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Did anyone do this when QBasic was coming out over GW_Basic? Or when QuickBasic was coming out over QBasic? FreeBasic isn't bad!!! Its just the next step like all the other steps... If M$ released it, then would you be happy? Paying $100+ just to get the next best Basic? Come on! :P

Anyway.. Happy BirthDay Pete!!!!

Say, I got a FB tut on my site you might like.. And I plan to do more in spare time in series for beginers altogether...
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Well send it away ratt...don't keep Pete in suspense ;-)....lol sure he shoots videos and knows exactly what a suspense is...but don't keep him in it LOL
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I might with-hold a bit... Skimming back over it,. still needs some proff reading, and brush ups probaly to make it more beginer friendly... I also left a topic at FreeBasic.net for collective oppinions on it....
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
matt2jones
Veteran

Post by matt2jones »

QuickBasic was coming out over QBasic
heh, I did. But I'm a hardcore purist, fork pureQB, everything I write I fork QB 1.1 compatable, I'm serious, I don't have qb45 on this machine, just 1.1 and FB.

Happy Birthday Pete, with 47 mins to spare.

Out of interest, did your birthday have any involvement of you returning to this site?

matt
Do not mistake Apathy for feeling Content.

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Storys
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

matt2jones wrote:Out of interest, did your birthday have any involvement of you returning to this site?
Nope. Just a coincidence.
singsong

Post by singsong »

Happy belated birthday and belated site anniversary! I've been away from the QB scene for WAY too long... sites that used to be around have now gone... but at least this is still running and even actively updated again :) All the best to you... i might return to BASIC again if i ever feel like it ;)
I'm back.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

singsong wrote: i might return to BASIC again if i ever feel like it ;)
Its funner than it sounds... http://fbide.sourceforge.net.. FreeBasic is deffently giving Basic the come back it needs... :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)