Program to convert to BMP

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Philip

Program to convert to BMP

Post by Philip »

Looking for a program who could convert JPEG or PDF or TIFF to BMP.
Doest it exist?Thanks for help
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Photoshop, i beleive it comes around $30 or so..
I have left this dump.
m2j

Post by m2j »

MSPaint does most of them now aswell...

matt
Pharoah
Coder

Post by Pharoah »

There was a mac program called Graphic Converter (that was on one of the old comps at school :) but i'd go with paint
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Paint only work if you have the codecs installed. I for one dont have them installed for paint.
There are other converters too ofcourse.. The easiest way is just open them in a program that can open them, take a screenshot, save in paint as BMP..

Satisfaction guaranteed!
I have left this dump.
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

IrfanView, loads and saves about 2 dozen formats (although doesn't support transparency in PNGs).
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
PQBC at school

Post by PQBC at school »

Z!re wrote:Photoshop, i beleive it comes around $30 or so..
Being a Linux person, use a free multi-platform alternative. Use The GIMP. I don't remember the URL, so try Googling it. (In my opinion, it is better than Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop)
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

Xerol wrote:IrfanView, loads and saves about 2 dozen formats (although doesn't support transparency in PNGs).
yep, use it all the time...and mine does let me save transparency in pngs, you have the newest version?
m2j

Post by m2j »

screendumping may not work with pdf though...

You'll have to use a collection of programs as each suits...

:D

And I agree, photoshop is a nasty peice of work. I long to write a better version, peice by peice. If only I had known GIMP was a photoshop alternative... I had to edit the last page of a comic submission in paint goddamnit, and there is a copy of GIMP on all these machines...

m2j