QB Tile Array Question

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Tile Array Question

Post by Pete »

Hey guys, another question I don't have time to answer (working 13 - 14 hour days is killing me)...
email: darklink246@alltel.net

name: adam

Comments: I think I may have found an interesting way to place tiles but I have a problem:
Since qb compresses 2 pixels into just a single array index, I can only acess every other pixel color. If I can break this index into 2 parts, the first and second pixels, I can write it directly to the memory address and hopefully scoll easily in all directions! Hopefully, this is an original idea but I'm really just a begginner. Maybe I have something and maybe I don't...
But if you can help me or at least point me in the right direction, I'd be very thankfull!
-adam
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

DEF SEG =
VARPTR
POKE
PEEK

Too busy to make an actuall example..
I have left this dump.
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

Try SuperPut by Rel and Plasma http://www.phatcode.net/downloads.php?id=166

It rotates sprites, clips them safely and does transparencies without a mask. All QB's PUT shortcomings solved. It's a pair of subs you add to your code, you call them at the start of the program, then you keep using QB's PUT as before.