LINK: warning L4501: bcl71efp.lib : cannot find lib (DONE)

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

LINK: warning L4501: bcl71efp.lib : cannot find lib (DONE)

Post by Seb McClouth »

Never seen this warning before and I can't compile my program...
After pressing enter for new specs, I get several L2029 errors and then link comes up with:
LINK : warning L4038: program has no starting address.

I use a batch-file to compile the program:

Code: Select all

@echo ff

del *.obj

del testrun.exe

bc /o /Ot /Fs /G2 /Fpi /E /X boot\bootsect.bas;

ren bootsect.obj a.obj

link a,,nul,lib\qbx.lib;

ren a.exe testrun.exe

del *.obj
Somebody got a clue? I've also tried replacing the qbx.lib in the batch-file with bcl17efr.lib but I come up with the same problem.
Last edited by Seb McClouth on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

Quite simple...you're missing bcl71efp.lib. Reinstall it again and make sure to install all the libraries you need:

Bcl71afp.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using alternate mathematics, far-strings and protected mode.

Bcl71afr.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using alternate mathematics, far-strings and real mode.

Bcl71anp.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using alternate mathematics, near-strings and protected mode.

Bcl71anr.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using alternate mathematics, near-strings and real mode.

Bcl71efp.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using 80x87 or emulator mathematics, far-strings and protected mode.

Bcl71efr.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using 80x87 or emulator mathematics, far-strings and real mode.

Bcl71enp.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using 80x87 or emulator mathematics, near-strings and protected mode.

Bcl71enr.lib. Pds. Combined library for stand-alone executable files using 80x87 or emulator mathematics, near-strings and real mode.
Mac
Veteran

Plasma

Post by Mac »

Plasma! Sight for sore eyes! I thought you abandoned the forums.

Mac
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I have reinstalled the whole bunch and still end up with the missing lib's. Any idea how to fix this?
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

You must have an incomplete copy then. Here are all of the above libraries:

http://www.phatcode.net/stuff/bcl71.zip

(Copy them to your lib directory.)
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Thx Plasma your the best!!

I suppose I can add you to the credits of QBinux?
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Now it's asking for OS2.lib... but I'm using DOS... I can get my hands on the lib but still... OS2?

Grtz
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

If you are using protected mode (/Lp) PDS only supports OS/2. There is no protected-mode DOS support in PDS.