QBasic.tk archive

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

tlsuess
Veteran

QBasic.tk archive

Post by tlsuess »

I'm not sure if any of you remember QBasic.tk (on qbtk.com) but when the admin closed the site, he uploaded the archive for people to download. This was almost 3 years ago and I found the archives I downloaded from that time.

Since it was pretty popular, it might be able to be used or revived. You can download the archives on here: http://www.sixbynine.net/filequick/
Zap

Post by Zap »

Hey there

Funny, I thought I'd lost all those archive files :P Guess I hadn't...

And yea, I remember qbasictk, as I created and ran the damn thing :D Ah, those were fun times. Oh well.

I see you also set up a file host using the fileanchor v2 code. But I guess I did release the source for the public, didn't I? Glad to see you kept the credits at the bottom ;) Although it does look like a very old version of it, maybe it's v1, which would explain the name and logo :P Mind telling me where you obtained it from?

Edit: Oh, hehe, just found all the qbasic.tk in my backups... Guess I had them anyway.
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Released it to the public? I never knew that. I just studied the old QuickHost designs from the WayBack Machine and reverse engineered the site using the old look and feel I could find. All the code (except for the HTML) is written by me.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Someone should definitely resurrect the website from the archive so it can be spidered by search engines and browsed by enthusiasts...but close off the forum so that no new posts can be added. It's definitely a valuable resource!

I just don't think it's a great idea to allow new users to join and add posts to discussions that died 3 years ago and will never be visited again by the original members.

PS: If anyone wants to do that, I'd be glad to provide hosting space on my server.
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

I have the archive resurrected and running on my server. But I need to edit the PHP so there aren't any new posts or members.
Zap

Post by Zap »

I still have the backups of the db, www-files (scripts, images and what not), and attachments (uploaded files) that were taken when we closed the site. I also have some backups of freebasic.tk, but Im not sure when they're from, but there's a db and scripts and what not.

Im not sure what's in those packages hosted on filequick, but if you need anything pete (or tlsuess), contact me on aim (Ru ne J M, remove spaces) or msn (rune moennike on hotmailcom).

Would be fun (and useful) to have it up for viewing purposes, but Im not interested in doing any work on it, we chose to close it years ago, and I stand by that decision :P
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

I think if we made it a community, things might seem a little strange since the last post was made in 2005. :P