I have made the original Xbox run Qbasic

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

JamesWiding
Coder

I have made the original Xbox run Qbasic

Post by JamesWiding »

Hi, My name is James and I have recently softmoded my original Xbox using the Unleash 007 game memory bug. I have also downloaded the Damn Small Linux MyDSL DOSBox emulator that mimics dos in a Linux Operating System. It runs the programs I have written just fine but when you try to unmount the hdd it remains busy. It also messes up when you try to run the command SCREEN 2. I have also downloaded some of your Programs like morse and haven't tested all of them yet. I never thought that qbasic would ever run on a system that was never designed for it.
Qbasic is the only program that pretty much runs on every computer that I own without too much trouble. I am very curious about this AcidOS that Pete made and talks about and Google's only reference to it is Pete's site. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of that OS?
angros47
Veteran

Post by angros47 »

BigBadKing
Veteran

Post by BigBadKing »

try this link then if that doesnt work:

http://mccorp.orgfree.com/files/acid30.zip
<a href="http://mccorp.orgfree.com">Macselent Corporation Offical Site</a>
JamesWiding
Coder

Thanks guys

Post by JamesWiding »

That was really helpful. I'll keep you all posted. Dream16 has other exe's that are not qb.bas files so ill see if they work. Dossbox dosen't have setver.exe and it doesn't respond when I run it so I can't run all the qb files that I got. Only older simplier command programs work. Edit.com works and now that the tutorial from this site told me how to use debug.exe with qb to make assembly code Im gonna try and see if debug works. :D