ERASING NEG FIGURES

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

URSULE

ERASING NEG FIGURES

Post by URSULE »

As a result of calculation I get a serie which has positive and negative figures.I would like to eliminate for a PRINT of thes values, all the negatives figures (I don't need them).ABS gives the figures without sign and is not the answer. How can I do?
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Code: Select all

If Value >= 0 Then Print Value
If using an array:

For a = 0 To arrLen
 If Arr(a) >= 0 Then Print Arr(a)
Next
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ok, Ummm here we go:

It easy

Do this:

arrayname2i = 0
FOR i = LBOUND(arrayname) TO UBOUND(arrayname)
   IF i >= 0 THEN arrayname2i = arrayname2i + 1 : arrayname2(arrayname2i) = arrayname(i)
NEXT i
Or (my pref):

'when you want to PRINT it
FOR i = LBOUND(arrayname) TO UBOUND(arrayname)
   IF i >= 0 THEN PRINT arrayname(i)
NEXT i
The first one takes a series of values from arrayname and transfers only the ones that are 0 or postitive to arrayname2. Just have arrayname2 have the same range as arrayname. And use arrayname2 for now on or transfer the vals back to arrayname AFTER you clear it first.

The second one PRINTs out the values in arrayname only those that are 0 or positive. This way I preferr. :wink:

Well if that didn't answer you question then please explain more or provide source please...

Hey Rattrap I beat you on this one HA! :D
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Darn Z!re posted before me...She wasn't here when I looked at it though...Sorry Z!re for just saying what you said in more words....heh...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:wink: He posted a few soconds b4 you, oh well,.. I'm glad you 2 it first, I'd had to ponder on this one for a min,. :D ,. now I no have to, heh heh,. :wink:

I'm still confused, Z!re, you a boy or girl? I saw the comment, I thought you were commenting that QB Gals EM had MID$(email,,4) = "Lord" in it,..

Doesn't matter either way, I'm just screwed up, and liked to be set strait with a solid answer. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Ya Z!re lets set this strait you a guy or girl?