@rehashing QBasic for today's users [NEWS]

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Kiyotewolf
Veteran

@rehashing QBasic for today's users [NEWS]

Post by Kiyotewolf »

Dear QBasic hard core users.

I wanted to give you guys an awesome heads up.

If you really want to make your QBasic programs shine, instead of worrying about XP or Vista or Win7 or Win8, why not do this.

Get a Mac. Get DOSBOX for the Macintosh. Run QBasic under a Macintosh flavored DOS emulation.

One, Mac's have a higher than normal threading speed, and it is done much more intelligently, and you will have superb results, instead of the hack-ish slow and miserable emulation on a Windows system.

Although I'm still only in beta-test mode with this, using a borrowed Mac, with the latest OS X version on it, I'm still pretty xxxx sure that this is THE way to go.

:.:

Also, I've worked out how to create the QB equivelant of *.WAD files, for QBasic, and FreeBasic.

Because I'm posting in the QB forum again, I'm going to limit my responses to QB flavored coffee, not mixing alcohol and energy drinks, which would be fatal, both figuratively and literally.

Paperclipguy, aka you know your name, I know I have sounded like quite the n00b here, and you called me out on it every time.

I'm not going to act n00b-ish any more, and I'm going to get very serious.

:.:

On another note, my arcade company has 30 employees now, and 10 clients.

~Kiyote!
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Glad to hear that!

Did you hear that I MOD here now? Well, not to worry, you eventually turned into quite an asset here!

Keep up the good work!

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

Post by Kiyotewolf »

Late reply.

I am a mod here now as you are. I've learned to curb all n00b tendencies, and just be a "productive member of <programming> society" whether QB or FB.

~~~

I'm making actual games now, I can start posting tutorials on how. Finally.
My life is no longer a cosmic joke. Been trying to do it since I was 8 on an Apple ][e.

~Kiyote!

Expect me to start putting new bread in the toaster here. :shock:
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.