So you want to install Windows 10 on an XP?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

burger2227
Veteran

Re: So you want to install Windows 10 on an XP?

Post by burger2227 »

Day 6 on laptop with no problems. On wake up the taskbar was hiding again.

Wanted: Windows 10 users to join a crowdsourced experiment to block forced updates
I've assumed for almost a year that the only way to hide an update was to wait for the update to be installed, then manually uninstall it and run Wushowhide to hide the update. In essence, you had to let your computer get bit before you could inoculate it.
SO DID I! Apparently Wushowhide can see updates as soon as they are released.

You will still have to be on the lookout for new updates and they come ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
Not just on Tuesdays like the above author assumed. Each PC may get them on different days!

Look what I just found: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3140768).
A Search leads to available updates found and then it downloads and installs without any way to stop it!

Clicking details tells you that they are being installed, even if it takes an hour to do it...
So far it has said this without anything in the progress bar for half an hour...

Finally it lists a restart time when enabled which can be adjusted by the user or restarted now:
Restarts only finish the installation! Details says cumulative update requires restart.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Never set a Restart Time or shut down manually so the Update is still waiting to restart in laptop's day 7...
Task bar still hides and Chrome appears to be working well. Task bar stopped hiding again later.

Miss the old Windows Update in Internet Explorer? It may be still referenced in IE 11:

Error “Windows Cannot Find wuapp.exe” And Its Workaround in Windows 10

Windows Update is listed in the Tools menu of IE 11 only if the Menu Bar is visible above the viewer...
Right click above the viewer to enable or disable Menu options such as the Menu Bar, Favorites Bar etc.
The Gear icon setting does not list Windows Update in its menu.

Clicking the Windows Update selection will create the wuapp.exe error as below:
Also note that IE 11 still cannot render my security camera, yet the IE Tab add on works fine in Chrome!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Windows patch KB 3139929: When a security update is not a security update
Microsoft buried a Get Windows 10 ad generator inside this month's Internet Explorer security patch for Windows 7 and 8.1

On non-domain joined machines this adds a blue banner when a user opens a "New Tab" saying "Microsoft recommends upgrading to Windows 10"

It's important to note that KB 3146449 is not installed separately. You can't remove it. If you look in your installed updates list, KB 3146449 doesn't appear. Instead, it's baked into the IE security patch KB 3139929.
The only way to get rid of the new advertising inside Internet Explorer 11 is to remove the security patch entirely.
So I updated my 32 bit Windows 7 desktop and got 17 updates since 2-17-16 including the one mentioned above:
Opening a new tab in Internet Explorer presented the blue banner above. Clicking Learn More takes you to a page to download or buy a new PC.

The Get Windows 10 icon is still in the taskbar and it still says I need a new Intel display driver:
Why doesn't M$ just write this PC off, remove the GWT icon and browser banner and move on...
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Laptop's day 8 and still running fairly well. Taskbar is up all the time and Start button is slow to react.
Chrome tabs take a few seconds to load, but even Facebook loads fairly quickly.
Still no installation of the Cumulative Update in Sleep mode! Will reboot after posting this.

Update Settings rescheduled the reboot for 12:30 PM today so it was getting desperate! UPDATE installed.

New Microsoft Edge extensions may have a ripple effect on Windows gaming
What we can see though, is that Microsoft’s beginning to address this. Xbox chief Phil Spencer told us that Microsoft is working to address the “moddability” of these UWA games. And we’re obviously hearing from another part of the company that Microsoft is finalizing this new extension capability within the Edge UWA app.

So yes, a large swathe of users couldn’t care less about whether Edge adds extensions or not. But for those of you who want the PC to remain the open platform that you grew up with—and are concerned that it’s becoming more closed by the year—extension support is a step in the right direction.
Windows 10 Mobile beta build 14283 has handy 'I'll be late' feature
Microsoft said the updates support phones that originally shipped with Windows 10 Mobile: the Lumias 950, 950 XL, 650, and 550; Xiaomi Mi4; and Alcatel ONETOUCH Fierce XL. In his blog post announcing the build, Microsoft corporate vice president Gabe Aul reiterated that Windows 10 Mobile is coming for older phones, but he didn't say when.
As to the I'll Be Late "feature" I can only say this. It will ENABLE EMPLOYERS to keep track of employees
on their own devices and if employees do not comply, they will become targets! I've been there, done that!

March 2016 sixty day evaluation Windows developer virtual machines
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 1 of running latest cumulative update on laptop went smoothly.

To view the Wi-Fi password or security key for the active connection in Windows 8 or Windows 10, open
Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel or in the right click menu of the WIFI icon on the taskbar:
Click the Wireless Properties button for the connection SSID and security key in the Security tab.
I miss being able to see the connection speed by hovering the mouse over the old network monitor icon...

How to Recover Stored Wi-Fi Passwords (Security Key) in Windows?

Recover Stored Passwords from All Wi-Fi Profiles Using Netsh Command-Line
Open a Command Prompt window. In Windows 8 and 10, press WinKey + X to access the Power User menu, and click Command Prompt. For a list of stored profiles type in or paste: netsh wlan show profiles

To see the security info for a specific network name: netsh wlan show profile name="SSIDinquotes" key=clear
Look for the line "Key Content" below Security Key: Present which shows the password.

Highlight(mark) and copy as well as paste in commands using the console window header's right click menu.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 2 things got worse using Chrome. Tabs would take minutes to show pages especially Facebook.
I was actually using Chrome a lot yesterday, so I hope things get better today...so far it seems better...

The Best Xbox Features in Windows 10 (Even If You Don’t Own an Xbox)
Windows has a built-in screen record that can be useful even to people who aren’t PC gamers, but it’s sadly buried in the Xbox app where many people won’t find it.

The Game DVR feature is designed for you to record your gameplay and share it. However, you can use it to record any application, making this a built-in screen-recording tool for more than just games. You can launch the “game bar,” which contains a recording option, by pressing Windows Key + G by default. This keyboard shortcut can be customized in the settings inside the Xbox app. Click the “Record” button on the game bar to start and stop recording.

The Xbox app can help you upload and share the clips, but they’re just video files you can access on your hard drive.
How to Add Contacts from Gmail, Outlook, and More to Windows 10’s People App Address Book

Botched Java patch leaves millions vulnerable to 30-month-old attack

Here we go again! Adobe Flash Player needs updates too:
Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player

BTW, you can find the update link for Adobe Flash versions in the Control Panel Uninstall Programs list:
Links to support, help and updates are listed at the bottom after clicking and highlighting the program.
PPAPI is for Chromium and is installed internally in Chrome browser. NPAPI is for Firefox browser.
Both versions of Flash have the same version number after updating.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 5 on laptop seemed OK until a going away sound and the disappearance of the mouse cursor...

It get's WORSE! Think you have a spare mouse to use instead? Not if its Bluetooth to the rescue.
You need a mouse to get to it in Settings!

Mouse says PAIRED, but you have to REMOVE IT TO actually CONNECT! REBOOT MADNESS!
Have no idea what happened or why!

Now I am typing here and AVG says it wants to restart again...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

People are claiming their PCs are automatically upgrading to Windows 10 — without their permission
Some users, including Kotaku's Klepek, are also reporting that the automatic Windows 10 upgrade is breaking their computers, making certain hardware and accessories unrecognizable by the system until they reinstall Windows.

For what it's worth, that same Reddit thread also hit on a possible solution — if your Windows Update is suggesting you install an update called "KB 3035583," deselecting it will apparently prevent an unwanted Windows 10 install.
Microsoft admits to automatically downloading Windows 10 to system drives to make installation easier.

Big-name sites hit by rash of malicious ads spreading crypto ransomware
The campaign underscores the vital role that smart browsing plays in staying secure online. One of the most important things users can do is to decrease what researchers refer to as their "attack surface." That means uninstalling things like Adobe Flash, Oracle Java, Microsoft Silverlight, and other third-party browser extensions unless absolutely required. The other crucial ingredient in safe browsing is installing updates as soon as they become available and using the 64-bit version of Chrome for browsing when possible. Windows users would also do well to install Windows 10 and use Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit.
Just removed Silverlight from laptop. I seldom use IE anyhow! Will see how things go for now...
Adobe Flash PPAPI listed in Uninstall Programs is maintained by Chrome and updated automatically.
Java and SDK removed also due to Oracle's failure to fix a bug they claimed was fixed 3 months ago.

Reliability has been better with Miscellaneous Failures showing when the power button was pressed to shutdown.
IE: I had no other way to reboot!
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit

Went to the link above with IE because Chrome cannot be used and downloaded and installed EMET.

Clicked link for User's Guide and WHAM! Messages started appearing center screen and below right:
Had to click the center box a dozen times to clear them all and more kept coming!

EMET detected SimExecFlow mitigation and will close the application IExplore.exe

Now EMET will not allow Internet Explorer to run!

Had to use Edge to get the EMET User's Manual which is full of technical garbage..
Apparently it configured itself pretty much and it will take me days to read that manual.

So now I am greeted with a Welcome screen and 3 Steps to set up the Edge browser:
Step 1 is to Import Favorites from IE and/or Chrome. Never did say if it was done yet...

Step 2 is to Set Up Cortana which already was and Step 3 asked Where to and a link box:
I had already copied the M$ link from Chrome, but when I right clicked all the menu had was UNDO!
Undo what? The entry box was EMPTY! Had to copy link again and then pasted it in with Paste option.

Edge downloads the User Guide, looks like Greek to me, so I just try to configure something:
Clicking the Apps Configuration button up top, I went to a larger view of currently configured applications:

The Add Application + button opens a File Explorer box, but what would be in there?
Can't even FIND EDGE browser listed in Program Files. Must be hiding in Windows folder eh?

Also found a list of trusted sites with the Trusted Configuration button in main window:
Well I'm still at a loss! Do I add every site I go to and what happens when sites turn UNSAFE?

Solved the IE problem and added Chrome which also needed the SimExec setting unchecked:
Added Edge and it ran with all set...Added EAF+ to both Chrome and Edge with no problem.

Easy step by step EMET Instructions
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Rebooted to see how everything is working with EMET, so far laptop seems a tiny bit slower.
Chrome tabs seem 5 seconds slower too. Hmmmm...

So I saw that Adobe Flash Player was noticeably missing from the EMET list while Java was.
Searching the computer drive I could not find it in the Programs folder so I looked in Windows.
Then I happened upon a folder named Tasks which brought back the name Reg Cure:
There were two Reg Cure tasks and they were dated today and yesterday so I removed them!
Now I'm wondering what PareToLogic is doing there?... don't recall ever using or installing.

How to Completely Remove ParetoLogic

PareToLogic is in the Task Scheduler which you can ONLY search and find in Control Panel with Schedule Tasks
Or you could use the Windows key + R and Run Taskschd.msc not tasksched as one might think:
To change the task status, highlight one by clicking on it and right click menu to Delete or change status.

Anyhow, make sure the folders show as on left or the task list will be empty or unchangeable:
Adobe Flash Updater and PPAPI notifier are listed as is one Java SE Updater task every Monday.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Today I decided to look for RegCure Pro with Regedit to see if it was still in the Registry:
Edit menu has Find to search for program names. F3 resumes the search when ready.

Found RegCure Pro, and guess what folder it was located in? ParetoLogic in Program Files...
So I checked the Program Files folder just to make sure and it was not there so I deleted the whole key.

Found two instances in the Registry so far, still searching twenty minutes later...hours later
Regedit failed to find anything more and apparently stopped running. It restarted when I canceled Find.
Trying again, but there is nothing to tell me it is even seaching...

Finally quit trying a search as Regedit kept crashing silently! I will contact M$ today...

Update: Same old story at Microsoft Community... somebody tells you to do a SFC/scannow which
inevitably finds nothing or dooms you to do more testing...or just wait until M$ fixes it...

After Windows 10 1511 Update, Regedit hangs on the Find command
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Windows 10 Mobile begins long-awaited rollout to older Windows Phone 8.1 phones
There are 18 handsets on the list of supported phones, including the Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, and 435; plus third-party phones such as the BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, and the MCJ Madosma Q501.

Why this matters: Microsoft just needed to get Windows 10 Mobile out to its customers, given the company's original promise that “broad availability of Windows 10 on other devices, including mobile phones, will begin rolling out in December”—and it’s now March. It’s a shame that some of the older devices aren't eligible for the upgrade, but it seems to be predicated on the availability of the Lumia Denim upgrade, anyway.
Apparently my Lumia 635 512 MB is not eligible even though it has the Denim upgrade so that's not true...
Ram and other information can be found in Lumia Settings Extras & Info like my phone was made in Vietnam.

Microsoft breaks its Windows 10 Mobile upgrade promise

So my Lumia is not eligible, but who cares? I already have Cortana and apps I use on Windows 10!

Windows 10 Mobile: Will it play in the enterprise?
To start with, there's one key feature that differentiates Windows 10 Mobile from other mobile operating systems: The ability to unlock a series of additional enterprise functions when connected to an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) suite. Microsoft recently made available an XML file which converts the standard version of Windows 10 Mobile into Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise when deployed onto a device. There's no need to install a new OS --just deliver the file, reboot and you're ready to go.

The app store model used by most mobile platforms makes it hard to deploy and manage a company's internal applications on mobile devices. If you're using an EMM solution, then you should be able to sideload internal apps -- either your own code or volume-licensed applications -- onto managed devices. Unlocking Windows 10 Mobile's Enterprise features allows you to install an unlimited number of self-signed applications on managed devices (as opposed to a limit of 20 on consumer devices).
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Microsoft is working on a tool that will let developers port Chrome extensions to Microsoft Edge
It is worth noting that porting Chrome extensions to Microsoft Edge is actually quite easy. If you are a developer, you will be able to port your Chrome extension to Edge pretty easily after changing several lines of code. Nonetheless, this upcoming tool should make porting Chrome extensions to Edge even easier, and we hope to hear more about it from Microsoft at Build 2016 later this month.
Microsoft extends Skylake support for Windows 7 and 8.x devices until 2018
Microsoft posted a rather controversial blog post back on January 15, 2016, that outlined the vital importance of upgrading to Windows 10. Specifically, the company let it be known that support for Intel’s Skylake (and future) platforms would require migrations to Windows 10, a reality that hit some enterprise users the wrong way.

To help provide greater flexibility for customers who have longer deployment timeframes to Windows 10, the support period for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices on Skylake systems will be extended by one year: from July 17, 2017 to July 17, 2018.

Also, after July 2018, all critical Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 security updates will be addressed for Skylake systems until extended support ends for Windows 7, January 14, 2020 and Windows 8.1 on January 10, 2023.
WINDOWS 10 ARTICLES / EVERYTHING ABOUT MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

How to Take Screenshots in Windows 10

XBox DVR recording requires a game card!
This is the Learn more link in the DVR recording settings. Went to Bing of course.

To bring up the small Game Menu window press Windows key + G. It will go away if not clicked on fairly fast:
The How to Geek article is behind the Game menu showing he DVR tab in settings I don't have.

Clicking the Settings gear brings up DVR settings. Here I found my laptop could not record:
The settings are grayed out because my laptop has no game card. Clicked Learn More...

Note that now I get Game Menu hints while surfing...
Notices include a Never show this again option however.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Now on laptop's day 5 and all is well, EMET has slowed Chrome tabs to 5 seconds perhaps.

How to control Cortana, Windows Hello and other Windows 10 features (email required to become insider)
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Laptop was getting too slow and browsing was bad so I rebooted with no updates.
Taskbar hid the entire way this time. No other big problems in a week.

It's time for Microsoft to open source Windows
* Open source developers could better integrate the platform into large-scale open source projects
* Open source developers could improve or fork the platform into something pretty remarkable
* It would open up Microsoft resources to be then focused on delivering the services that actually do make them money
* It would enable open source developers to improve industry-wide standards for all platforms
* Development, in general, of all platforms could happen much more rapidly
* This could force the hand of software companies like Adobe to finally port their products to other platforms
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

M$ screws Nokia Phones without Windows 10 from new apps!
So now older phones, like even only 1 year old, will not be offered same apps as Windows 10 store has.
This should be the LAST NAIL in the Windows Phone coffin!

How to uncover Windows 10's hidden 'Applications' view in File Explorer

Press the Windows key + R to open Run. Type shell:AppsFolder into the entry box and click OK, or hit Enter:
Note that Run may also save previous commands entered in the drop down list. Seldom did in XP.

Then I found stuff I never knew existed listed including program Readme files and the Steps Recorder:
Running Steps Recorder I was able to record screen shots of the application list as a slide show of pictures.

The mouse seems to control the snap shot actions which are listed at the bottom after the picture series.

Here the Steps Recorder file is displayed in Internet Explorer as is the slide show when activated:
Saving the picture series was limited to putting a ZIP file on the Desktop as default.
There is just one Recording file in the unzipped ZIP folder, not any separate pictures so could not post.

Windows 10 Preview Build 14291 is major, with Edge extensions, new Maps, more
The most noteworthy element to the new build is the Edge extensions, though the new feature crumbles a bit if you look closely. That’s because the Edge plugins are available only on the desktop, and they number only three: Mouse Gestures, Microsoft Translator and the Reddit Enhancement Suite, which was originally shown off last May. Just click on the More or ellipsis menu at the top right of Edge and click Get extensions to find them.

More are coming later this year, however, specifically popular plugins AdBlock, Adblock Plus, Amazon, LastPass, Evernote, and more. Microsoft said it's taking a slow and steady approach to extensions, simply because poorly coded extensions can be a back door into your browser. According to Drew DeBruyne, the general manager of Edge, they’ll roll out first to Insiders, who can sideload them.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day six on laptop with no problems and task bar still hides. Just stopped hiding while posting...

The following article contains a video of the amazing affects of Microsoft's Hololens:
How Microsoft's HoloLens could change communication via 'Holoportation'

Is Microsoft about to do something interesting with Live Tiles in Windows 10?

You Should Upgrade to 64-bit Chrome. It’s More Secure, Stable, and Speedy
There’s No Real Downside to Upgrading
In 2014, Google noted that “the only significant known issue is the lack of 32-bit NPAPI plugin support.” This meant the Java plug-in and other browser plug-ins wouldn’t work on the 64-bit version of Chrome. However, Chrome no longer supports any type of NPAPI plug-ins as of Chrome 42, 32- or 64-bit.

(The 64-bit version of Chrome does include a 64-bit Flash plug-in, though, and it’ll work normally with websites that use Flash.)

If you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows, you should be using a 64-bit version of Chrome. We’re not sure why Google hasn’t automatically updated all 64-bit Windows users. It should.
When I checked the Chrome version in chrome://Help, it checked and updated. The old 32 bit version was 39:
Relaunch button closed Chrome, but it never re-opened until my second manual click on laptop's taskbar icon.

PPAPI plugins are still displayed in chrome://plugins/. I disabled the Flash one to see what happens.
So the article is wrong about the 32 bit Chrome version no longer using the Flash NPAPI or PPAPI plugins.

Chrome download link for 64 bit Make sure download is for 64 bit PC.

The 64 bit desktop had problems installing even when Chrome had been closed before attempting:
Had to reboot so that Chrome was NEVER running and install. After install Chrome opened with previous tabs .
BTW, ChromeSetup is always the name of the file so do not confuse them with older versions. I delete them!
Use the highest numbered version such as ChromeSetup(1) or use the Chrome download Show in Folder option.

Some how the desktop Windows 10 PC lost File Explorer and Task View icons on the task bar!
File Explorer is listed in Apps under Windows System. Right click it to More...Pin to Taskbar.
Task view is enabled in the right click of taskbar menu by checking it. It displays all open windows.

How to Check for Dangerous, Superfish-Like Certificates on Your Windows PC
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 7 on laptop with taskbar not hiding and Start and Action Center slow to react. Chrome OK, but slow.

Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect
This year's session list-- which Microsoft provided a bit earlier than it did for past Build shows -- provides a glimpse of a few more of the topics on the agenda.

As expected, game development will be one such theme. Microsoft, as expected, will provide developers with more guidance as to how to build Universal Windows Platform apps for Xbox.

Unsurprisingly, there are quite a few sessions about developing for the Universal Windows Platform, with particular emphasis on the notification platform, Action Center and interactive Live Tiles. There's also a session -- along with privately scheduled Holographic Academy tutorials for those who bought HoloLens development kits -- on building Universal Windows Platform apps for HoloLens -- Windows Store apps that Microsoft calls 2D apps.
Windows 10 passes 20% share in the U.S.

Never10: A new tool for turning off Microsoft's Windows 10 GW10 UPGRADE notices
The elegance of this "Never 10' utility is that it does not install ANY software of its own. It simply and quickly performs the required system editing for its user," says Gibson on his page about the new utility.

The name “Never 10” is a bit of an overstatement, since this utility may also be used to easily re-enable Windows operating system automatic upgrading. But the primary reason for using this is to disable Windows' pestering insistence upon upgrading Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10.
Never10 download site

Never10.exe is downloaded to a Win 7 or 8 PC and shows warning when is upgrade-able to W10:
Clicking the Disable Win 10 Upgrade button gets rid of the GW10 icon in the taskbar too! Fully reversible!
I ran this on my only Windows 7 desktop that could not be upgraded anyhow because of an old video driver.

Java 8, 77 version is available for update now! Adobe Flash too!
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 8 on laptop with taskbar still up and 5 second waits for refreshing Chrome tabs.
I now click 2 tabs at once to get them both refreshing so I can transfer from page to page.

Microsoft is not giving up on Universal Windows Platform
In adaptive UI, Build will feature a presentation on building an interface for a XAML and C# UWP app. Another session covers Project Centennial, for porting existing desktop applications to UWP. "Enabling existing desktop applications (Win32, .Net, etc.) to become part of the UWP ecosystem is a key part of the Windows 10 vision,” the session description proclaims.

UWP for connected mobile experiences and the cloud will also be discussed. Developers can get up to speed on building UWP 2D apps for HoloLens. According to a session description, all apps built for HoloLens run on UWP, and all UWP apps built for phone and desktop will work on HoloLens, too.

Cross-platform development and Microsoft’s newly acquired Xamarin technology will get an airing as well. A panel session will feature mobile developers from Xamarin, Cordova, Unity, and C++ comparing these different technologies. ASP.Net Core, a cross-platform framework for building Web apps via .Net, will be detailed as well.
Windows 10 Redstone Continuum: “Pick up where I left off” app syncing between devices
In short, it works exactly like Handoff does between iOS and OS X. A Windows 10 user can open a word document on their desktop, begin typing away and then realize they need to get going to work. They can simply leave their desk, open up word on their phone and then be prompted to “pick up where I left off”, allowing the user to jump directly back into working.

If the user is unaware they can do this, Cortana will helpfully inform you that you can resume working on a document or email once you’re away from your desk, making it far easier to access your workflow. This feature should work in more than just productivity apps too; For example, when using the Maps app, you can look up directions on your PC before leaving the house, and then pull up the Maps app on your phone once out and about and resume exactly where you left off on your PC.
I cannot seem to even sync my phone M$ Calendar app with my laptop's. Birthdays missing...

I finally found out that I cannot get Windows 10 on my 635, 1/2 G so that leaves 3/4 of Windows Phones out of anything Redstone offers. PLUS many new Apps only work on Windows 10 Phones as I found out with the new AMC app! How many more times will Windows Phone users get screwed over by M$?

Announcing Windows Universal Platform App Support in Ionic 2
As an added benefit, Windows 10 sports JavaScript as a native app development language which we think is just swell (yea, I’m bringing “swell” back).

To get started, update your npm dependency on ionic-angular to 2.0.0-beta.3 or higher, or start a new v2 project. Note: we will not be supporting Windows Phone 8 or below, so get your devices updated!
Like I said above about the phones...is supporting Java really a good thing? :roll:
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Day 9 on laptop and things remain the same. Taskbar did hide while watching AMC app fullscreen.
Will reboot today...

Microsoft: Windows Phone is not the place to do “new and exciting things”
Really, no kidding. Microsoft did not have to give up on Windows Phone users, users did that already!

Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10
In case anyone had any doubts, this is not "Microsoft Linux." Nor is this Microsoft enabling Linux apps to run on top of Windows.

Microsoft is characterizing the move to put Bash on Windows 10 as an expansion of its command-line tool family, rather than a replacement for the work the company has doing in-house.

Bash will be built into the Windows 10 Anniversary update, which is the new name for Redstone 1, and due this summer.