qbinux

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Ahem.

McClouth Software has its own blog from now...

Http://mcclouthsoft.blogspot.com

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hi all...

Long time... about qbinux...

I will (yeah, not hope) have a tech release before the end of this week of Qbinux 0.0.5 (yes, I skipped a few for your eyes, not mine).

I'm currently doing some testing on it... After beta-test by you guys... I'm can declare it Qbinux 0.0.6, a stable release...
I've decided that a version ending with x.x.odd is a tech-release and a version ending with x.x.even is a stable release..

Until then...

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey all

One month further and I'm still stuck a pre-tech release.
Around next week, I'll be releasing tech-release 0.0.5.
Just check it out...

Until then... keep waiting a bit more!

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Everything is going as planned... around 2mrw there will be a tech-release of Qbinux... You guys still interested, right?

grtz
Seb
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

I sure am ;-)....
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

2 bad I have another delay... sumfin isn't working like it should...

grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I know linux now. I *finally* have a dual-boot of Ubuntu and Windows 98SE going. However, my $4 wireless card that my fork dad bought me for Christmas is crap, so I am going to get a new one.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I have a tiny advice... and that's not crap... might consider that windows and linux 2 gether have messed it up... My very expensive nvidia videocard died on me...... better to have on pc running linux and the other one windows... play it safe...
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

And then we almost had no close to release of qbinux... my develop system nearly crashed... sum battery problem or sumfin... that it was dead I already knew...

[nvm the above]
Last edited by Seb McClouth on Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Tech release of the core (a.k.a. qbinux v. 0.0.5) is a fact. It still needs work but is able to run the tech release of INIT (a.k.a. init v.0.01).
If ppl are willing to see this, let me know by e-mailing me at balai_goyan@yahoo.com or post here.
Next thing I'll be working on is the tech release of Util-Qbinux (which contains Getty and Login).
Oh btw, Qbash will be going through some changes. Not sure if this will affect the tutorial I wrote.
There are some new tutorials at hand:
like Qbinux From Scratch.

Until next time.

grtz
Seb

[--postal edit: 19th of March --]
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

JEEEJ!!!

I was able to release McClouth Qbinux 0.02B today.
It only contains the core, init and security routines...

In case you need to exit it... type for the username: exit.

next version will be bigger and containing Qbash, once more (not for once tho, it's an expression).

grtz
vongodric
Coder

Post by vongodric »

I admire your enthusiasm -cool and keep up.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

thx... I will!

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

UPDATE: McClouth software HAS MOVED!!!

Update your bookmarks to: www.freewebs.com/mcclouth

CU THERE!!

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Freewebs is currently not working. Bummer.

grtz
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

It is now...
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Thx!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Seb McClouth wrote:Oh btw, Qbash will be going through some changes. Not sure if this will affect the tutorial I wrote.
[--postal edit: 19th of March --]
Just to tell that for now the changes to Qbash have no effect on the tut I wrote.

grtz
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Will QBinux ever have support for linux programs?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Err... I downloaded it to test my new linux skills just for the heck of it (because last time I couldn't figure anything out) and it wouldn't compile. Here is debug.txt.

Code: Select all

(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1993.

<S. McClouth -- MS-DOS Versie 6.20 -- di  21-03-2006 -- 15:31:18,06>
C:\PROJECT\MCQB>compile

Compiler utility for Qbinux v.0.01
----------------------------------

Compile kernel...
Compile init...
Compile util-qbinux...
Microsoft (R) BASIC Compiler Version 7.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1982-1990. All rights reserved.
 0052   0324    CONST QbinuxBanner = "Qbinux version " + UTS.Release + " (" + QbinuxCompile.By + "@" + QbinuxCompile.Host +") " + UTS.Version
                                                                                                                                             ^ Syntax error

45858 Bytes Available
36203 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)
Microsoft (R) BASIC Compiler Version 7.10
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1982-1990. All rights reserved.
 0052   0324    CONST QbinuxBanner = "Qbinux version " + UTS.Release + " (" + QbinuxCompile.By + "@" + QbinuxCompile.Host +") " + UTS.Version
                                                                                                                                             ^ Syntax error

45862 Bytes Available
36245 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)
Compile qbash...

Linking Kernel, Init, Util-Qbinux, Qbash

Microsoft (R) Segmented-Executable Linker  Version 5.10    
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1990.  All rights reserved.

LINK : fatal error L1093: a.obj : object not found
Compile complete.

<S. McClouth -- MS-DOS Versie 6.20 -- di  21-03-2006 -- 15:31:22,07>
C:\PROJECT\MCQB>exit