Reopening was a Big Success!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Reopening was a Big Success!

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>Reopening was a Big Success!</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on July 26, 2004<br>
I'd like to thank all the visitors for the warm reception this site was met with when it reopened--it was a great success!
<br>
<br>I really surprised a lot of people (Jofers said on the QBasic News board: "Well, that was probably the most unexpected thing I have ever seen happen. Out of the billions of combinations I can make with those letters, that's the last thing I would have put together at random for myself to see on this frontpage..")
<br>
<br>People were not only surprised, but they also met the news with a lot of enthusiasm. I got only positive responses, and a lot of compliments. Everyone was glad to see the site's comeback. My old buddies from back when I was originally updating this site were the ones that were especially enthusiastic; after complimenting the site on several boards including my own, Nekrophidius said: "Pete...you better not disappear again, or I'll have to beat you down personally." Well, guys, I intend to stick around for a long time to come!
<br>
<br>On July 23rd, the first full day of business, I had 169 unique visits, which is absolutely phenomenal. For the following two days, hits topped 100. Today, it looks like there are going to be about 85 unique visits. Soon hits will level off, and waiting to see how many will be coming on a regular basis from now on. On the old site before the redesign, I was averaging about 25-30 hits per day.
<br>
<br>As this site opened, people began to take advantage of the new dynamic features available, and added quite a bit of content. I'd like to point out one person in particular, who has submitted huge amounts of content over the first few days: <b>Adigun Azikiwe Polack</b>. Adigun uploaded nearly twenty programs to this site and also added a QB News article about his latest project, Frantic Journey. He filled up the Libraries and the Sound sections of the Downloads section, which were completely empty when I opened the site just a few days ago. He also encouraged other people at the QBasic News boards to submit content of their own. Let's have a big round of applause for Adigun! (Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!)
<br>
<br>Other people who have submitted content include: Jocke The Beast (who uploaded *many* of his excellent games), Nekrophidius, Na_th_an, ComputerGhost, Levi, AJones, Semerkoala, RelSoft, SumoJo, JQB45 and more (sorry to anyone I missed)! I thank you all for the content you have added to the site, and encourage everyone to keep on submitting!
<br>
<br>As for me, I have added much content recently, including over <b>sixty-five new QB links</b>. I'm very proud of the links section, which is by far the largest and most thorough QuickBasic links collection in existence right now. If there is any QB site that I've missed, please tell me about it and I will gladly add a link. (I know there are a ton of non-English sites that I have left out intentionally...I've only linked to the biggest and best foreign sites...but if there are any English QB sites not listed there, make sure you tell me about them!)
<br>
<br>Also, anyone that has a QB site, I ask you to add a link to my site...or update your old links, especially if they point to the dead Hypermart address! QBasic News and QBasic.tk have added my link as an affiliate on the front page, and I thank them for that.
<br>
<br>Finally, today is my birthday! I turn 19 today. (I just had birthday cake, and a nice birthday party earlier today--thanks for everything guys!)
<br>
<br>It's been a great past few days! Thanks for visiting and submitting, everybody.
<br>
<br>And what's next? Now that I have no more links to add for the time being, I'm going to focus on other sections of the site. Next on the priority list: a big update of the Tutorials section. I've been collecting as many QB tutorials as I can to add to this site, covering all different aspects of programming, and I intend to add them over the next week.
<br>
<br>Pete's QBasic Site has a lot more updates in store...you just wait.</p>
Levi

Yeah....

Post by Levi »

I was mentioned...either that or another Levi exists as well. Oh well. Hey Pete glad to have you back and happy belated birthday. I turn 20 on the 28th myself so I know about the happy events. I'll see about adding content but I've been away from programming for a while to pursue my writing career. It may not be based upon programming but I do have a tutorial on game plot line creation if you'd like to have it. Just give me a day or two to find all of my old disks. Again welcome back and I hope to see great things from this site.