qbinux Compiler

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth

qbinux Compiler

Post by Seb McClouth »

Just like linux has the gcc, qbinux needs a compiler. I've read the tut's on this but if you want qbinux to be your ops... blend your code in!!

grtz
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

okay from what i have seen on qbinux from the quick google search doesn't look that advanced for a fake OS. although that could be old code and you improved it dramaticly.

ok for qbinux to need a compiler it first need one big thing a byte code interputer. that way the bytecode the compiler outputs will be able to run with in qbinux controll flow. also if you want some multitasking your fake kernal should be able to switch controll flow to other bytecode programs that would be residing in memory. somthing that can be kind of hard depending on your bytecode language designe.

so the first things you need to do is this.
1) write a bytecode assembler.
2) write interputer for the bytecode lang.

3) write multitasking controll system for the interputer so it can switch to differn't bytecode programs i.e. program one get one cyle then moves to program 2 , etc.

4) now that you have a low level assembler you can write a compiler that will take high level lang such as C or BASIC and reduce it to your bytecode Asm instructions.

well have fun :)
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

ohoh... I don't know any assembler :shock:
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

you don't need know asm. you just got to make up a bytecode lang somthing simple and low level.
Seb

Post by Seb »

And how do I do that? Can you explain that a bit?

grtz

Seb