QB Express #19 Deadline: February 18th!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #19 Deadline: February 18th!

Post by Pete »

Submissions for QB Express #19 are due on

Saturday, February 18th!

Once again, I'm very short on submissions. With only a week and a half left before the next issue, I need ANY and ALL content that you can find the time to contribute.

I'm looking for all types of articles for this issue, especially game reviews, editorials, and of course, tutorials. I also need news briefs...big time.

You can email your submissions to: pberg1@gmail.com

I need YOUR help to make QB Express a success. Don't slack off -- write something!
rdc
Coder

Post by rdc »

Part 2 of my two-part series is just about done. I'm off tomorrow, so I can finish it up and send it to you.
Really Dysfunctional Coder
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

I might have another game done by then. The network code is giving me hell though, and I need to find someone to run a dedicated server.
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

QB Express #19 Submissions: ONE MORE WEEK!

It doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to get QB Express #19 out until next weekend, so the deadline has been EXTENDED to SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25th!

I'm still looking for submissions of all types, so make sure you get them in. I especially need game reviews and news briefs.
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

hey pete. whens the new issue due out?? i'm getting antsy >D Also, have you enlisted anyone to help out with the article editing to help reduce your workload?
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

What's the status of this issue?
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I'm also interested in the current state. Give us a sign of life, Pete ! :lol:
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Yeah. This total sileness from you is reaching point of worldwide wondering.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hey guys, I apologize for the lateness of the issue. It's about half-finished right now, but I'm committed to getting it out soon.

I've been way too busy lately... I've been working 12 - 15 hour days (that's the typical length of a day in the tv/film industry) -- 6 days a week, with six hours of classes on the 7th day. I'm currently working on a feature film at Sony Pictures, and on a home renovation show called "Flip That House" for TLC, plus taking two classes on writing for series television. That means no time for QB (or much of anything else either).

Anyway, issue #19 will be out eventually. I'm working on it bit by bit in my free time.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Heh, and I was worried if I would be able to get online soon enough to submit the next issue of "How To Program A Game In FreeBASIC" series for QB Express #20.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Good... I went here for the first time since about January and thought "Oh shit, my worst nightmare... QB:XP is canceled!"
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

pete: for your personal life, thats good to hear. for the qb/fb community, it is unfortunate to hear. hopefully you can find some help so that qbxp doesnt turn into an every other month release. it is an outstanding publication and i think that it could easily continue to be a monthy event with some help.
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

syn9 wrote:pete: for your personal life, thats good to hear. for the qb/fb community, it is unfortunate to hear. hopefully you can find some help so that qbxp doesnt turn into an every other month release. it is an outstanding publication and i think that it could easily continue to be a monthy event with some help.
Agree. There is only 24 hours/day, and 2 hands/human so...
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

syn9 wrote:pete: for your personal life, thats good to hear. for the qb/fb community, it is unfortunate to hear. hopefully you can find some help so that qbxp doesnt turn into an every other month release. it is an outstanding publication and i think that it could easily continue to be a monthy event with some help.
Yup just like he said it right here :-)... looks like you got yourself a great intership....excellent for you and you personal life yes ;-). And well I already emailed you about helping if there's anyway. Maybe whoever is interested should organize a chat very soon with pete so we can clear out what each of us can do so that for you, bringing everything together in an issue takes about an hour, less if we can :-). Even if not everyone is familiar with your template and if you still don't want to impose the articles be formatted, that's fine, I could format them all for you, not that big a job ;-). I'd be willing to do that if it helps any.

I do agree with you that more than one person doing the actual release of the magazine would only slow things down, but perhaps we can all do our part around it a big to help your final editing job get as small and fast as possible. For example, Newsbriefs of course are always good, in any subject right? basically the less news you have to cover the quicker that part of the magazine becomes. For the polls and the awards, there's not much we can do ;-) unless one of us has "admin" rights to your website to create these new polls, but that wouldn't really help much hehe.

You know how you edit your magazine Pete, let us in on it, I bet you, without any kind of imposition, people that read how things work when building this magazine, would be more than willing to work with you and help make your final job on it quick and easy.

So clue us in, and let's see what we can do to help you. :-).
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I have to agree entirely, MystikShadows. There are alot of people, that want to help you.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Just like the magazine states:

A magazine by the QB community, for the QB community!

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.